As an Ecclesial Family of Consecrated Life it is possible to discern a calling to one of the various branches of the community. As you begin or deepen your own discernment it might be helpful to reflect on some of the following questions that ask:
FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN OUR CHARISM:
- Do you want to live life to the full?
- Do you love God, the Church and humanity?
- Do you desire to deepen your own spiritual life and that of your family?
- Do you feel called to do more, be involved more, give more?
- Do you have a desire to be of service to others?
- Do you have a good circle of friends?
- Do you have a desire to spend time in prayer?
- Do you have work experience?
- Is the new evangelisation important to you?
- Do you want to make a difference with your life?
- Do you have empathy with the spiritually poor of the western world and the young?
- Do you want to share your faith with others?
- Are you in good mental and emotional health?
- Are you adventurous and are you willing to take risks, to step out into the deep?
- Is being involved in a life-giving faith community important to you?
FOR MEN AND WOMEN CONSIDERING CONSECRATED LIFE:
- In addition to the above questions …
- Are you aged between 16 and 35?
- Do you feel attracted to a life of total self-giving in the celibate way of life?
- Has the idea of being a sister, brother or religious priest re-occurred to you over a period of time
- Do you enjoy times of solitude as well as being with people?
- Are you able to apply yourself to study?
- Can you collaborate with others as brothers and sisters in Christ?
- Would you enjoy nurturing the faith of children and young people?
- As a man thinking of the priesthood do you feel an attraction to living in community alongside other consecrated brothers and sisters?
FOR DIOCESAN PRIESTS WHO WISH TO SHARE IN THE CHARISMATIC CONSECRATION OF THIS ECCLESIAL FAMILY:
- Do you have a desire to deepen your own prayer life and spirituality?
- Do you think our spirituality would nourish your life and service as a diocesan priest?
- Would you appreciate the support of a larger community and the prayers of consecrated sisters and brothers for you and your ministry?
- Do you value all states of life in the Church?
- Would you be interested in collaborating with COLW to help nurture vocations to all states of life?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to most of these questions then please get in touch with us.